1. No advice
- This website contains general medical information. All statements, opinions and documents contained in this Website are for general information purposes only. The information is subject to change without prior notice.
- The medical information is not advice and should not be treated as such. Any reliance you place on the information is at your own risk. Before acting on the information, we recommend that you consider whether it is appropriate for your circumstances, carry out your own research and seek professional advice where necessary. This information is not intended to replace consultation with a qualified medical professional.
2. No warranties
- The medical information on this website is provided without any representations or warranties, express or implied.
- Without limiting the scope of section 2.1, we do not warrant or represent that the medical information on this website:
(a) will be constantly available, or available at all; or
(b) is true, accurate, complete, current or non-misleading.
3. Medical assistance
- You must not rely on the information on our website as an alternative to medical advice from your doctor or other professional healthcare provider.
- If you have any specific questions about any medical matter, you should consult your doctor or other professional healthcare provider.
- If you think you may be suffering from any medical condition, you should seek immediate medical attention.
- You should never delay seeking medical advice, disregard medical advice or discontinue medical treatment because of information on our website.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, as a user you release the owner of this website and their suppliers and subcontractors involved in online communication for any claim for injury, damage or loss, resulting from your access or reliance on this website.
- You acknowledge that all surgeries have risks, even when performed by a Specialist Surgeon. You acknowledge that complications can occur, and that a consultation with a qualified medical professional is required to understand all the risks and complications involved. You acknowledge that before proceeding with any treatment, you should seek a second opinion from an appropriately qualified health practitioner.
4. Interactive features
- This website may include interactive features that allow users to communicate with us.
- You acknowledge that, because of the limited nature of communication through our website’s interactive features, any assistance you may receive using any such features is likely to be incomplete and may even be misleading.
- Any assistance you may receive using any of our website’s interactive features does not constitute specific advice and accordingly should not be relied upon without further independent confirmation.
You providing us with personal information indicates that you have had sufficient opportunity to access the policy and contact us, and that you have read and accepted the policy. If you do not agree to the policy, please do not provide us with personal information.
We may collect personal information from you in the course of our business, including if you input personal information on the Website or otherwise provide personal information to us. This may include your name, address, phone number, email address, and other personal information.
We may conduct surveys or market research to seek your opinion and feedback.
We will not ask you to provide personal information that may disclose your political, religious or philosophical beliefs or affiliations, health and sexuality, racial or ethnic origin, or criminal convictions.
We collect and use the information for purposes including internal record keeping; for business development and marketing purposes; identifying and understanding user needs; for marketing communication from us; and to customise, improve and ensure proper functioning of our Website.
Providing this information is optional to you. If you do not provide this information to us, we may not be able to contact you with educational information or give you access to the additional benefits.
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information. If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by contacting us at the email address listed at the start of the policy.
You have the right to access and correct the personal information that we hold about you, in certain circumstances set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Commonwealth). If you wish to access or modify any personal information that you have provided to us, please contact us at the email address listed at the start of the policy. An administrative fee may be payable. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
To unsubscribe from our e-mail database, or opt out of any communications, please contact us at the email address listed at the start of the policy, with “Unsubscribe” in the subject line of the e-mail.
We take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information collected from you is accurate, up to date, complete and stored in a secure environment and accessed only by our authorised personnel. We note that no information transmitted over the Internet can be guaranteed to be secure. We cannot therefore guarantee the security of any information that you transmit to us, or receive from us. The transmission and exchange of information is carried out at your own risk.